PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 28 MINS
STANDING TIME: 5 MINS
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: AVERAGE
INGREDIENTS (4 PEOPLE)
- 250 g chicken breast
- 150 g chorizo sausage
- 1 onion (± 150 g)
- 3 small garlic cloves (± 15 g)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 200 g long-grain rice
- 250 ml hot water
- 1/2 tin chopped tomatoes (± 200 g)
- 1 pinch saffron powder
- 200 g frozen green peas
- 100 g peeled prawns*
- Salt and pepper
- 24 mussels (clean)
- Dice the chicken breast and cut the chorizo into large slices.
- Peel the onion and cloves of garlic and deseed the pepper.
- In the Supersonic Chopper, first, chop the onion and garlic together. Pour in the UltraPro 3.5L. Chop the pepper and add to the onion and garlic into the UltraPro.
- Crumble the stock cube and add to the UltraPro with the rice, water, chopped tomatoes, diced chicken, chorizo slices and saffron and mix well using a Silicone Spatula. Cover and microwave at 600 watts for 20 min. Allow to stand for 5 min.
- Add the peas, prawns, salt and pepper and stir gently. Put the mussels in the rice so they are halfway in the rice and that the opening side of the mussels is upwards. Cover and microwave at 600 watts for 6 to 8 min.
- Allow to stand for 5 min. before serving.
* ask your fishmonger for options from sustainable sources