Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 13 minutes
Difficulty Level: easy
Serves: 4 people
- 75 g cake flour (sifted) (±1/2 cup)
- 60 g sugar (±4 tbsp)
- 1 ml baking powder (±1/4 tsp)
- 1 pinch salt
- 30 ml milk (±2 tbsp)
- 25 ml oil (±1 1/2 tbsp)
- 2 ml vanilla extract (±1/2 tsp)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch cream of tartar or 1 ml /±1/4 tsp lemon juice
- In the That’s A Bowl 2.75L whisk flour, 15 g / ±1 tbsp sugar, baking powder and salt together using the KPT Whisk.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla extract, and egg yolk to the EZ Shaker 350 ml, cover and shake until blended.
- Pour the contents of the EZ Shaker into the That’s A Bowl and mix using the Silicone Spatula until you have a consistent batter.
- In the Speedy Chef, add the egg white, 45 g / ±3 tbsp sugar and cream of tartar (or lemon juice). Whip the egg white until stiff peaks.
- Gently fold half of the egg white into the That’s A Bowl then repeat with remaining half.
- Place the Pro Ring in the base of the MicroPro Series Grill and lightly oil the bottom and cover.
- Pour mixture into the Pro Ring, place cover on in the grill/low position and microwave for 10-13 min. at 600 watts. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Using the Oven Gloves, remove cover. Place a plate or cutting board on top of the MicroPro Series Grill and carefully flip. Allow to stand upside down for 10 min. before removing the Pro Ring.
TIP: Inverting the cake will reduce the chance of the sponge cake