Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Difficulty Level: average
Serves: 6 people
- 150 ml warm milk (± 2/3 cup)
- 2 pinches salt
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 300 g flour (± 11 oz.)
- 40 g white sugar (± 40 ml)
- 60 g melted butter (± 1/4 cup)
- 3 tsp brown sugar (± 15 ml)
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon (± 5
- 1 tbsp soften butter (± 15 ml-
- Optional icing to glaze the rolls
- 120 g powder sugar (± 1 cup)
- 1 tsp soften butter (± 5 ml)
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar (± 5 ml)
- 1 tbsp milk (± 15-30 ml)
- Heat the milk in the microwave 1 min 30 sec. at 600 watts. In the Mixing Bowl, add milk and stir in the salt and yeast until well mixed and dissolved. Add flour, sugar and the melted warm (not hot)butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until everything is combined. Knead the dough until dough is soft. You’ll know when it’s soft when the dough leaves side of bowl and is easy to handle. Seal; allow the dough to rise in a warm place. The dough should rise to double its size or to when the seal lifts.
- Mix brown sugar and the cinnamon in a small bowl; set aside. Place dough on floured Pastry Sheet and knead the dough. Gently push your fist into the dough to deflate it.
- Using the Adjustable Rolling Pin, flatten dough into a 30 x 30 cm rectangle. Spread butter over dough, do not butter 1-2cm of one side of dough.
- Sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Roll dough up tightly. Pinch edge of dough into the roll to seal edge.
- Using a sharp Serrated Knife, cut roll into 2,5 cm slices (12 slices).Place the slices upside down slightly apart in the MicroPro Series Grill. Place the cover on casserole/high position and allow the rolls rise in a warm place up to 15 min.
- Microwave the rolls for 16 min at 600 watts.
- In a small bowl, stir glaze ingredients until smooth, adding enough milk so glaze is thin enough to drizzle.
- Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over the warm rolls. Serve warm.
Tip: If you use packaged active dry yeast, you will mix the yeast into the