SERVES 5 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
- 2L water
- 250g soba noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- ⅛ red cabbage
- 200g brussels sprouts
- ½ bunch coriander, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2.5cm piece ginger, peeled
- ½ cup grapeseed oil or rice bran oil
- 2 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs light soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbs brown rice vinegar
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Over a medium heat, bring water to a boil in the Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 3.8L Casserole. Add noodles and cook for 12 minutes or as per packet instructions. Strain and run under cold water. Transfer into the Allegra 5L Bowl. Set aside.
- Fit the MandoChef® to the 0mm position fitted with the Grater Blade. Attach carrot to the Food Guider and slice lengthways. Repeat step with cucumber.
- Change the MandoChef to the 2mm position fitted with the Straight/v-shaped Blade. Attach red cabbage to the Food Guider and slice lengthways. Repeat step with brussels sprouts.
- Toss sliced vegetables with soba noodles, along with the coriander and spring onions.
- Place the Triple Blade Attachment into the Smooth Chopper™, add all dressing ingredients; lock Cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are smooth in consistency. Toss dressing through noodles and vegetables. Set aside.
- Place the Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 24cm Frypan over a medium heat. Add a droplet of water to the frypan. If the water droplet forms a mercury bubble, add the oil. If the water splatters, remove frypan from the heat to cool slightly.
- Add salmon and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add salmon to noodles and vegetables.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
- For a gluten-free dish, use 100% buckwheat soba noodles (available from health food shops), rice based miso and gluten-free tamari sauce.