SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 5 min.
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed
- ⅛ red cabbage
- 4 small radishes
- 1 small green apple
- 2 cups curly green kale, finely chopped
- 60g baby rocket
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 80g pistachios, lightly roasted
- 80g almond flakes, lightly roasted
- 150g feta, crumbled
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Cut asparagus into halves using the Chef Series™ Pure Chef Knife. Place into the Chef Series Pure Cookware 24cm Frypan with enough water to cover the asparagus. Bring to a simmer over a low heat, before cooking the asparagus for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and drain liquid. Place asparagus into ice cold water*. Set aside.
- Fit the MandoChef® to the 2mm position fitted with the Straight/v-shaped Blade. Attach red cabbage to the MandoChef Food Guider and slice.
- Change the MandoChef to the 1mm position fitted with the Straight/v-shaped Blade. Attach radishes to the MandoChef Food Guider and slice. Repeat this step with the green apple.
- Place sliced ingredient into a serving bowl, along with the kale, rocket, spring onions, chickpeas, salt, pepper and cooked asparagus; toss to combine.
- Sprinkle over the pistachios, almond flakes and crumbled feta.
- Place all ingredients for the dressing into the EZ Shaker; shake to combine.
- Dress salad and immediately serve.
- Add microgreens, edible flowers or the tops of sunflower sprouts for a wow-factor.
- Placing asparagus into cold water stops the cooking process and allows the asparagus to keep its vibrant green colour!