SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 19 min.
FOR THE SALAD:
- 5 baby red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 bunch asparagus, roughly chopped
- 150g green beans, ends trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, roughly chopped
- 1 oakleaf green lettuce or butter lettuce
- 1 avocado, cut into wedges
FOR THE DRESSING:
- ½ cup natural or coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbs fresh dill, finely chopped
- ½ lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 185g hot smoked salmon
- Place potatoes into the MicroSteamer Base. Fill the MicroSteamer Water Tray with 400ml of cold water and place the Base on top. Cover, and place into the microwave and cook at 800 watts for 16 minutes.
- Remove Cover and place asparagus and green beans on top of the potatoes. Place the broccolini into the Colander Tray and stack on top of the Base. Cover, and place into the microwave and cook at 800 watts for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from MicroSteamer and rinse under cold water*.
- Break lettuce into pieces and wash using the Spinning Chef. Drain any excess water and transfer lettuce to the Spinning Chef Base. Add avocado and cooked vegetables; toss to combine.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Just before serving, dress the salad with dressing. Serve with hot smoked salmon pieces, if desired.
- Rinsing vegetables under cold water will retain their colour and stop the cooking process. Similarly, it will stop the lettuce in your salad from wilting.