SERVES 5 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
- 2 tsp - 1 tbs chipotle or Mexican hot sauce
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 650g chicken thighs
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 60ml water
- 1 tsp sugar or coconut sugar
- 12 mini flour or corn tortillas
- 1 corn cob, grilled, kernels only
- ⅛ red cabbage, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced or diced
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Fresh coriander
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Combine hot sauce, paprika, cumin, cacao powder and cayenne pepper in a bowl. Rub mixture into chicken thighs*. Place into the Micro Pressure Cooker with the remaining ingredients; mix together.
- Securely cover and lock the Microwave Pressure Cooker, microwave at 900 watts for 20 minutes. Remove from microwave and leave Micro Pressure Cooker to rest until the pressure indicator drops. Unlock and remove Cover. Place chicken on a platter and gently pull the flesh into strips.
- Prepare tortillas as per instructions on the packet.
- Serve pulled chicken in tortillas, topped with grilled corn, red cabbage, red onion, avocado, coriander and lime wedges.
- For better results, leave the chicken to marinate overnight.