SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 45 min.
COOKING TIME 25 min.
- 225g baby potatoes, peeled
- 8g instant yeast
- 200ml lukewarm water
- ½ tsp sugar
- 350g plain flour or 00 flour
- 30ml olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt
- Fillings of choice (i.e. such as smoked salmon and cream cheese; ham and salad; or chicken, avocado and mayonnaise)
- Using a fork, prick holes into potatoes. Place into the MicroSteamer™ Base.
- Fill the MicroSteamer Water Tray with 400ml of cold water, before stacking the Base on top. Cover, and place in the microwave at 800 watts for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave. Leave the Cover on and allow potatoes to cool slightly. Transfer potatoes into a Thatsa® Bowl Junior; mash until smooth. Set aside.
- Add yeast, water and sugar into a clean Thatsa Bowl Junior; whisk until well combined. Allow mixture to stand for a few minutes.
- Add flour, olive oil, salt and mashed potatoes; stir until combined. Knead the dough with your hands until it no longer sticks to the sides of the Bowl. Cover and allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200◦C.
- Place the TupperChef™ Baking Rings onto a baking tray. Set aside.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute, before dividing into 12 portions. Press a portion into each Baking Ring cavity.
- Place into the oven and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven. Allow to cool before unmolding.
- Slice the bagels horizontally using the Chef Series™ Pure Serrated Utility Knife. Serve with your filling of choice