PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
STANDING TIME 2 days +
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY Easy
- 150g feta, cut into small cubes
- 1 red chilli, sliced or some dried red chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) light olive oil
- Dried oregano or thyme leaves (optional)
- Place feta into a Pick A Deli.
- Add remaining ingredients. Allow to marinate at least a few days before enjoying.
Tip: You can add some long strips of lemon rind for even more flavour.
Variations: As an alternative to the feta, you can grill or roast red capsicums, peel, tear into strips and toss with some bocconcini. Perfect for adding to pizzas.
It’s best to use dried herbs to reduce the introduction of water, which can accelerate spoilage.