SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 7 min.
- 2 medium brown onions, halved
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g spaghetti, broken in half
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbs sundried tomato paste
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Parmesan, finely grated
- Fresh basil or parsley
- Set the MandoChef® into the 1mm position fitted with straight blade attachment. Attach an onion half onto the Hand Guard before slicing. Repeat this process with remaining onion halves. Add oil, onion and garlic to a Chef Series Pure Cookware 3.8L Casserole Base and brown.
- Add spaghetti, canned tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, sundried tomato paste, salt, basil and chicken stock. Place Base over a high heat and allow mixture to come to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook ingredients for 7 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add the baby spinach; stir until leaves have wilted. Remove Base from heat. Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve pasta with finely grated parmesan and additional fresh basil or parsley.
- Add more vegetables to the pasta by slicing a zucchini, using the MandoChef, and including with the other ingredients.
- Prawns, seafood and olives will work perfectly with this dish.