SERVES 5 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 15 min
COOKING TIME 15 min.
- 600g chicken mince
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Finely grated rind from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- ¼ - ⅓ cup grated tasty cheese
- Oil, for frying
- 6 burger buns, sliced tomato, guacamole, lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, hot sauce
- Combine chicken, spring onion, coriander, chilli, garlic, lime rind, spices and cheese a Mixing Bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Lightly grease a Hamburger Press and Freezer Set with some oil. With clean hands, form mixture into 6 burgers using the Hamburger Press and Freezer Set.
- Pour oil into a Chef Series II 28cm Frypan and place over a medium heat until the oil is hot. Cook burgers for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve in buns with sliced tomato, guacamole, lettuce, red onion and Mexican hot sauce.
- Use guacamole recipe found in the Extra Chef cookbook.
- Hamburger patties can be stored in the fridge or freezer.