SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min.
COOKING TIME 25 min.
- 1 brown onion, cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 2 medium eggplants, dice into 2cm cubes
- 200g canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbs ginger paste
- 1 tbs cumin powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh coriander
- Cooked basmati rice
- Natural yoghurt
- Place the Triple Blade attachment into the Smooth Chopper™, add onion, garlic and green chilli; lock Cover into position and pull the cord several times until contents are diced. Pour mixture into Micro Pressure Cooker Base.
- Add all remaining ingredients* into the Micro Pressure Cooker; mix until well-combined. Cover and lock Micro Pressure Cooker. Place into the microwave and cook at 900 watts for 24 minutes.
- Remove from microwave. Leave the Cover on and let the Micro Pressure Cooker stand until the pressure indicator drops. Unlock and remove Cover.
- Sprinkle curry with fresh coriander. Serve with basmati rice** and a dollop of yoghurt.
- *No additional liquid is required for this dish, as the eggplants naturally release their water content during the cooking time.
- For a more traditional flavour, blister the skin of the eggplants to produce a naturally smokey flavour.
- **Cook the rice using the Large Microwave Rice Cooker, while the Micro Pressure Cooker is standing.