PREPARATION TIME: 5 min
COOKING TIME: 20 min
STANDING TIME: 2 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ¼ cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 30g packet Taco Seasoning
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400/420g red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 ½ cups water
To serve: salad, sliced avocado, grated cheese, optional warmed tortillas, coriander
- Heat oil in Chef Series II 4.1L Casserole Dish. Brown mince over high heat.
- Add the garlic, cook 1 minute. Stir in the rice, then the seasoning.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove cover, stand 2 minutes. Serve with salad and cheese or in warmed tortillas with sour cream and chilli or coriander.