Prep time: 20 mins
- 180 ml water
- 60g butter
- 1/2 tsp salt (± 2 ml)
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- 3 medium eggs
- 70 g grated cheese (Emmentaler, Parmesan...)
- Egg wash: 1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp water (± 15 ml)
- Preheat the oven to 210°C / Th 7.
- Pour the water in the MicroCook Pitcher 1 L, add the butter and the salt. Set the cover in “open position” and microwave for 4 min. at 600 watts. Immediately add the flour and mix vigorously using the Silicone Spatula until you have a consistent dough, which doesn’t stick to the Pitcher any more. Add eggs one by one, while mixing: do not add the next egg until the previous one is fully incorporated. Fold half of the grated cheese into the dough.
- Place the Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim on the cold oven rack. Fill up the Squeeze It fitted with the large star tip (or the Decorating Bag with the circle nozzle), then create small round puffs of the size of the round patterns on the Baking Sheet.
- Use a fork dipped in the egg wash to flatten slightly the top of the cheese puffs and sprinkle with the rest of grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 min.
- Cheese puffs can be served as they are, as an appetizer, or filled with taramasalata, cream cheese or guacamole.
- You can replace the grated cheese with 35 g of chopped olives, 4 sprigs of chopped parsley or 35 g of chopped anchovies. The whole amount of each replacement ingredient has to be mixed in with the dough. Instructions