Total time: 4 hours, plus 12 hours rest time
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil, separated
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5–6 lbs./2–3 kg. brisket
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 oz./350 mL chili sauce
- 2 (15 oz./425 mL) jellied cranberry sauce
- 12 oz./350 mL amber beer
- 3 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C.
- Heat Chef Series II 5-Qt./4.8 L Sauteuse to medium heat and add 1 tbsp. vegetable oil. Add onions and sauté until softened, then add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Remove garlic and onions from Sauteuse and transfer to UltraPro 6-Qt./5.7L Roasting Pan. Set aside.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper. Add remaining 1 tbsp. of oil to Sauteuse and heat up to medium heat. Add brisket to Sauteuse and brown on all sides.
- Transfer browned brisket to Roasting Pan on top of garlic and onions. In medium bowl, add chili sauce, cranberry sauce, beer and apple cider vinegar. Mix well to combine then add to Roasting Pan.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over brisket, cover and bake for 3½ hours.
- After the brisket is fully cooked, remove from oven and let completely cool. Place in fridge and refrigerate for at least 8 hours. When ready to serve, shred the brisket and serve warm with sauce