Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Standing Time: 8 Hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serves: 4 People
- 455 g package small black beans (16 oz)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped)
- 15 ml southwest chipotle seasoning (1 tbsp)
- 7 ml coarse kosher salt (1⁄2 tbsp)
- 60 ml sherry vinegar (1⁄4 cup) 710 ml vegetable stock (3 cups)
- For serving: Sour cream, chopped cilantro, chopped red onion
Rinse beans, place in a bowl or base of Micro Pressure Cooker, cover with water, and soak overnight.
Drain and rinse beans and place in Pressure Cooker along with remaining ingredients then securely cover and lock. Microwave for 30 min at 900 watts.
Remove from microwave and allow to stand with the cover on until the Pressure Indicator drops, approx 15 min, then unlock and remove cover.
Remove 500 ml / 2 cups of beans and place in the SuperSonic Chopper Extra fitted with blade attachment. Cover, pull cord several times to process and stir into soup to slightly thicken.
Serve warm garnished with sour cream, cilantro or onion, if desired.
Make your own southwest chipotle seasoning blend:
- 60 ml ground cumin (4 tbsp)
- 45 ml onion powder (3 tbsp)
- 30 ml coarse kosher salt (2 tbsp)
- 20 ml smoked paprika (4 tsp)
- 20 ml chipotle or chili powder (4 tsp) 20 ml dried cilantro (4 tsp)
- 10 ml garlic powder (2 tsp)