SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 600g beef brisket
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme or rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 beef stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked pasta, such as casarecce or rigatoni*
- Fresh basil Parmesan cheese**
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Place all ingredients into the Micro Pressure Cooker; mix until well combined. Securely cover and lock the Cooker. Place into the microwave and cook at 900 watts for 30 minutes.
- Remove Micro Pressure Cooker from microwave and leave to rest, until the pressure indicator drops.
- Unlock Cooker and remove Cover.
- Shred cooked beef with two forks.
- Serve ragu with cooked pasta, fresh basil, parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Beef can be substituted for veal or lamb.
- Use the Microwave Pasta Cooker to cook your pasta. To save time, cook pasta when the Microwave Pressure Cooker is resting.
- Freshly grate parmesan using the KP Mini Grater.