SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
Wow your guests or family with this delicious beef ragu recipe. This slow cooked beef ragu meal will leave your house smelling devine with all of the amazing ingredients. If you’re a fan of pasta, ragu beef and beef cheek ragu, then you will be dying for seconds, maybe even thirds. This beef ragu cooks itself with our easy to use Microwave Pasta Cooker and Micro Pressure Cooker. You’ll be able to sit back and relax whilst the beef ragu slow cooker does its thing. Once this delicious meal is ready, feel free to serve it up with a glass of your favourite wine and get ready for the compliments to roll in.
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 stick celery, finely diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 600g beef brisket
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 400g canned diced tomatoes
- 2 sprigs thyme or rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup (125ml) red wine
- 1 beef stock cube
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked pasta, such as casarecce or rigatoni*
- Fresh basil Parmesan cheese**
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Place all ingredients into the Micro Pressure Cooker; mix until well combined. Securely cover and lock the Cooker. Place into the microwave and cook at 900 watts for 30 minutes.
- Remove Micro Pressure Cooker from microwave and leave to rest, until the pressure indicator drops.
- Unlock Cooker and remove Cover.
- Shred cooked beef with two forks.
- Serve ragu with cooked pasta, fresh basil, parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.