SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 15 min.
- 400g short pasta of choice (farfalle, penne, fusilli, spirals, etc.)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 - 2⁄3 cup (125-190ml) thickened cream
- 100g freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- Salt and pepper
- 100g sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- Flat leaf parsley Salad
- Place pasta into the Pasta Cooker Base and fill with water to the corresponding MAX line. Place into the microwave, uncovered, and cook at 900 watts for 13-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove Cooker from microwave and use the Cover to drain the water. Add olive oil, egg yolks, thickened cream, parmesan and seasoning; mix until well-combined.
- Serve with prosciutto pieces, extra parmesan, a sprinkle of parsley and a side of salad.
- Prosciutto can be substituted with fried pancetta pieces for a more authentic carbonara. Use the Chef SeriesTM Pure Cookware 24cm Frypan to fry the pancetta with 1 tbs olive oil until crispy.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute the prosciutto with 150g of sautéed mushrooms.
- Sprinkle toasted pine nuts over pasta for another texture.