8 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min. COOKING TIME 14 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1 ¼ cups finely chopped pitted dried dates or fresh pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60 g butter, very soft
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 50 g butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- ¾ cup thickened cream
- Place the water into a MicroCook Pitcher; add cover and heat in microwave on high/100% power/800 watts for 60 seconds or until boiling. Add dates and bicarbonate of soda. Replace cover and stand, covered, while making batter.
- Place butter, sugar and golden syrup in a Thatsa® Bowl Junior. Beat with KP Beater until fluffy. Beat in eggs then mash in banana and mix until quite smooth. Stir in date mixture (including water) and then mix in flour until combined and smooth. Wash out pitcher and grease base and inside of cover well with butter.
- Pour mixture into pitcher. Add cover. Cook in microwave on medium/50% power/800watts for 13-14 minutes*, or until puffed and firm. Stand 2 minutes. It should have has shrunken slightly from the sides of the pitcher. Wash out Pitcher again. Gently decant pudding onto a serving plate.
- For the sauce: Combine ingredients in pitcher. Add cover and cook in microwave on high/100% power/800 watts for 2 minutes, 20 seconds or until hot and barely boiling. Remove cover and whisk with KP Beater until well combined and golden. Pour over pudding and serve with cream.
Tupper Tip: For a runnier sauce, increase cream to 1 cup. You can omit the banana if you like.
*Time will vary according to microwave wattage.