MAKES 15 lamingtons PREPARATION TIME 25 min. COOKING TIME 30 min.
- 1 ¼ cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 arge egg
- 3/4 cup sunflower or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp liquid red colour
- 1 tsp white, white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g block cream cheese, soft
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp cocoa
- 2 tsp red food colour
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180◦C (160◦C fan). Sift flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda into a Thatsa® Bowl Junior. Add remaining cake ingredients with a tiny pinch of salt and whisk with a KP Beater until smooth. Place a Tupperchef™ Large Rectangle Form onto a baking tray. Pour in batter and smooth with a TupperChef™ Medium Spatula. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes, then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the Cream Cheese Filling: Beat ingredients together in a MicroCook Pitcher with a clean KP Beater until smooth. With a serrated knife, slice cake in half into two thin layers. Spread bottom layer with cream cheese. Place other half of cake on top. Trim edges. Cut into three rows by 5 to give 15 pieces of cake.
- Combine Icing ingredients in a Thatsa® Bowl Junior and mix to a smooth icing.
- Place coconut in one half of a Season Serve. Dip each square of cake into icing, spoon icing over to cover and coat in the coconut on all sides. Repeat. Enjoy immediately or store for later.
- Tupper Tip: If you do not have buttermilk, combine ½ cup milk with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and stand until slightly thickened.