PREP TIME: 5 min
COOKING TIME: 10min
STANDING TIME: 15 min (if you can wait)
Mulled wine is our favourite winter warmer. This is one of the best mulled wine recipes. Mulled wine is essentially warmed red wine with herbs, fruits and spices. Heavier wines are generally the best for Mulled Wine. We like to use a shiraz for this recipe.
- 1 lemon (untreated or organic)
- 1 orange (untreated or organic)
- 750 ml red wine
- 300 ml water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves (spice)
- 2 anise stars
- 50 g sugar
- Zest the lemon and the orange, then using the Cooks Maid, juice them.
- In the the Chef Series™ II 2.5L Saucepan, mix all ingredients together.
- Bring to boil
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 15 min. so the spices and the citrus can infuse the hot wine.
- Serve warm. Perfect for cold winter evenings.
TupperTip: You can twist your mulled wine with 50 ml of orange liqueur, added
just before serving.