BLACK AND WHITE COOKIES
Serves: 14 • Serving size: 1 cookie • Total time: 30 minutes
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. almond extract
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tbsp. sour cream
- 3½ tbsp. buttermilk
- 1¼ cup self-rising flour
- 1½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. melted chocolate
- 1 tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C. Place Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim on baking sheet and set aside.
- In medium bowl mix butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, lemon zest and mix to combine. In a small bowl, mix sour cream, buttermilk and set aside.
- Add half the flour into the butter mixture and mix to combine, then add the sour cream mixture and mix. Finally, add remaining flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Use Medium size Portioning Scoop to portion out cookie dough on Silicone Baking Sheet with Rim. Bake for 12–14 minutes. Repeat process with remaining cookie dough.
- Meanwhile make white glaze by combining confectioners’ sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and water. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Once cookies have cooled, flip and decorate the flat underside of each cookie by adding glaze to half side of each cookie, using Silicone Spatula to make a sharp line in the middle.
- Make chocolate glaze by adding cocoa powder, melted chocolate and remaining 1 tbsp. water to remaining white glaze. Mix until smooth and well combined.
- Finish off cookies by adding chocolate glaze to the other side of each cookie. Let glaze dry completely and serve.