SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
- 250g white rice, rinsed
- 250g smoked tofu* or chicken fillets, diced
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 2 tbs taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups frozen corn kernals
- 400g tinned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 250g cherry tomatoes, diced
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalepeno, finely sliced (optional)
- 2 tbs finely chopped coriander
- 1 lime, juice only
- Salt and pepper
- corn chips
- grated cheese
- sour cream
- salad leaves
- fresh coriander
- lime wedges
- refried beans
- hot sauce
- Place rice into Micro Urban Base with 500ml water. Cover with Rice Separator Insert and Rice Cover. Microwave for 15 minutes.
- Remove rice from Micro Urban Base and divide into bowls. Rinse Micro Urban and add 400ml water to Base. Toss tofu and capsicum in taco seasoning. Place into Micro Urban Large Shielded Colander. Stack on Low Colander and add in corn kernels. Cover and microwave for 10 minutes (if using chicken, this will require 12 minutes).
- In a mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix to create a salsa.
- Add corn to salsa and divide into bowls with the rice. Divide tofu/chicken mix into bowls**. Fill with remaining serving suggestions of your choice.
- Smoked tofu can be found at your local health food shop or in selected supermarkets. If you cannot find smoked tofu a pressed or firm tofu can be used.
- If using chicken, slice before adding to bowls.
- If corn is undercooked, return to microwave for a further 3 minutes.
- Want to feed more using this recipe? Simply add ingredients to burrito wraps instead of bowls.
- Extra seasoning such as a half a fat-free stock cube or spices can be added to your rice for more flavour.