SERVES 6 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 15 min
COOKING TIME 15 min
- 6 g active dry yeast (or 20 g fresh) (±2 tsp)
- 175 ml lukewarm water (±30°C / 85°F) (±¾ cup)
- 5 ml sugar (±1 tsp)
- 300 g all-purpose flour (±1¾ cup)
- 5 ml salt (±1 tsp)
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- 15 ml raisins mixed with 1 large pinch of cinnamon (±1 tbsp)
- 5 ml sesame seeds (±1 tsp)
- 5 ml flax seeds (±1 tsp)
- 5 ml poppy seeds (±1 tsp)
- 5 ml sunflower seeds with paprika (±1 tsp)
- In a small bowl, mix yeast with lukewarm water.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, salt and sugar. Add yeast little by little while mixing with a spatula, then knead dough by hand until it no longer sticks to the bowl, adding flour if needed. Seal the bowl and allow to rise for approx. 30 min. in a warm place (±30°C / 85°F).
- Knead again then divide dough into six equal balls. Sprinkle each with a different flavoring, keeping one plain.
- Prepare a round piece of parchment paper to the size of the steaming rack for the Tupperware Mastro Cookware 32cm/12.6in Wok. Place parchment paper on steaming rack then place six bread balls on it.
- Pour 500 ml / ±2 cups hot water into the Wok then place steaming rack inside. Cover and allow to rise for 15 min.
- After 15 min. rising time, bring to a boil on high heat with the cover on. As soon as a gentle steam flow comes out from the sides, steam for 15 min. on medium heat.
- At the end of the cooking time, turn off heat source and allow to stand for 5 min. without removing the cover.
- Fill the steamed buns with the garnishing of your choice.