SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 40 min.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion (140g), finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500g pork or chicken mince or 400g tinned lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tbs Italian herb mix
- 700ml passata
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 tbs (20ml) balsamic or red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp caster sugar (optional)
- 100g parmesan cheese
- 400g ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 2 zucchinis (240g)
- 200g mozzarella cheese
- 375g fresh lasagna sheets
- ½ bunch basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 180oC.
- Heat olive oil in the Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 24cm Frypan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add in garlic and cook for a further minute. Then add mince or lentils, along with the herbs. Cook until browned.
- Lastly, add passata, tomato paste, red wine vinegar and sugar. Reduce heat to low and cook for a further 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- Fit the Fusion Master Grater with the Star Cone and grate the parmesan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ricotta, parmesan cheese and eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Fit the Fusion Master Grater with the Slicer Cone and slice the zucchini. Set aside.
- Fit the Fusion Master Grater with the Coarse Grater Cone and slice the mozzarella. Set aside.
- Place a small amount of the tomato mixture into the bottom of an Ultra Pro™ Oval 2L. Add a layer of lasagna sheets, followed by some zucchini slices and basil leaves. Add another layer of tomato mixture and a layer of ricotta mixture, with a sprinkle of mozzarella on top. Repeat layering steps until all mixtures have been used.
- Sprinkle the top of lasagna with extra mozzarella cheese and then place into the oven for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with salad.
- Mince pork or chicken using the Fusion Master Mincer!
- Add extra grated vegetables to hide them from the kids, such as carrot.
- Use the Cover to cut your lasagna sheets to the perfect size - press cover down over lasagna sheets like a cookie cutter!