SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 40 min.
- 1.5 cups black rice, rinsed
- 4 thin salmon fillets, skin removed
- 250 g green beans, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1 small red onion, cut into half, shaved or very thinly sliced or ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds (pepitas and sunflower seeds), toasted
- Dressing: Combine in a bowl
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp honey
- Finely grated rind of 1 orange and ¼ cup juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Combine rice and 2 cups water in Micro Urban Large Base. Cover with Rice Separator Insert and Rice Cover and microwave at 900 watts for 25 minutes, or until tender. Decant into a bowl. Place Rice Cover on top to keep warm.
Fill base with 400ml water. Arrange salmon pieces in Large Shielded Colander. Season well with salt and pepper. Place on base. Stack Low Colander on top. Fill with beans, in a flat layer. Top with Shielded Cover. Microwave at 900 watts for 10 minutes for pink salmon or 12 minutes, removing beans after 6 minutes, or once tender.
Break salmon into chunks and add to the rice with the beans, onion and dill.
Pour over dressing and scatter over seeds.
Tupper Tip: You can substitute brown basmati rice - reduce cooking time to 17 minutes. You can add some parsley leaves and thinly sliced chili if you love heat. Line Large Shielded Colander with spinach leaves before adding salmon to aid cleaning.