SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min. COOKING TIME 10 min.
- 1 medium-large zucchini (about 180g) or peeled beetroot
- 1 medium-large carrot (about 180g)
- 2 tbsp inely chopped chives, basil or dill
- 100 g (2/3) cup grated parmesan or grated haloumi
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup soda water or milk
- Light olive, vegetable, sunflower or coconut oil, for cooking
- Trim ends from vegetables. Insert into the Handy Spiral and turn until you have 3 cups spiralised vegetables. Place into a Mixing Bowl. Add choice of herb, cheese, flour, eggs and soda water or milk. Soda water helps make them crispy.
Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a Chef Series® 28cm Fry Pan. Shallow fry generous 1/3 cups of mixture, three at a time for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Flip and cook remaining side. Place onto heatproof plate and keep warm in low oven.
Serve with mayonnaise or yoghurt or tzatziki.