Delicious homemade bread made easy in the UltraPro. The perfect accompaniment to soups, stews and casseroles throughout winter.
SERVES 8 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 40 min.
- 750g bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 40g fresh yeast / 20g dry yeast / 10g instant yeast
- 450mL lukewarm water
- 10mL vegetable oil
- Mix together flour and salt in the Thatsa® Bowl Junior. Make a well in the centre, add the yeast and pour in the lukewarm water. Using the KP Simple Spoon, begin to mix together from the middle, gradually integrating the flour.
- Place this mixture on a clean work surface. Using your hands knead vigorously for 5-6 minutes until a consistent dough is formed. Knead into a ball and place into a clean Thatsa Bowl Junior, cover and allow to rise (double) in a warm place for a minimum of 30-40 minutes. The dough should double in volume.
- Dust your work surface with a little flour and bring the dough down by kneading it again to form a square shape. Fold its 4 corners in towards the centre. Repeat, turning the 4 corners in, once again. Turn your square over and make a loaf shape. Lightly grease the base and cover of the Ultra ProTM 3.5L using the Easylogics Basting Brush and place the dough inside.
- Cover the UltraPro and allow the dough to rise in a warm/hot place for 40 mins (it should almost reach the lid).
- Preheat the oven to 240oC.
- Dip the Basting Brush in water and use it to moisten the loaf. Make some cuts into the top of loaf. Sprinkle a little flour on top, cover and bake for 30-40 minutes.