COOKING TIME: 40 MINS
- 1 onion, cut in half, skin removed
- 1.7 kg whole chicken, unseasoned
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Pan juices (1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- Place onion in the base of an UltraPro 3.5L Oval. Place the chicken on top.
- Drizzle with a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the thyme springs.
- Place cover on and cook in microwave on High/100% power/900 watts for 30-32 minutes until chicken feels cooked. Preheat the oven to 200◦C (180◦C fan). Remove cover and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until browned.
- 4. For gravy: Gently remove liquid from cooked chicken to a jug or pitcher, removing any obvious fat. Add the wine and chicken stock.
- In a Chef Series II 2.5L saucepan, melt the butter. Add the flour and whisk with a KP Beater until thickened. Whisk in the liquid, stirring until mixture comes to the boil and the gravy has thickened. Season. Serve with the chicken and your choice of vegetables.