PREP TIME: 15 MINS
COOKING TIME: 30-40 MINS
- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 175g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 60g butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 400g green apples, peeled, diced
- 25g butter, softened
- 1 tbs plain flour, extra
To serve: Cream or ice cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the eggs and the sugar in a bowl until thick and fluffy. Add the flour, baking powder, melted butter, salt and cinnamon. Mix again. Fold through the apples.
- Grease the UltraPro™ 2L oval base with the soft butter and sprinkle with extra flour to lightly coat.
- Pour the mixture into the base, cover and microwave on 900watts for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and bake on the lowest oven rack for 10 minutes.Remove the cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Stand for 10 minutes before removing from UltraPro. Serve with cream or ice cream.
- Use coconut sugar instead of caster sugar for a refined sugar free option.
- Plain flour can be replaced with gluten-free plain flour for a gluten-free version.