SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min. COOKING TIME 50 min.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 500 g lean mince (beef or meat-free alternative)
- 2 carrots, cut into small dice
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 1 can diced or crushed tomatoes
- 420 g can tomato soup
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil or thyme
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- In a Chef Series II™ Casserole Dish heat oil, add onion and cook on low heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic, cook 1 minute.
- Add mince and stir over high heat until browned. Add carrot and celery, cook a further 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes and soup, sprinkle in herbs. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring occasionally for 30-40minutes. Add tomatoes, soup and herbs.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve with cooked pasta of your choice and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.