PREPARATION TIME: 10 min
COOKING TIME 30 min
Mmm...soup! This sweet potato soup is the ultimate winter warmer (or can be served cold on warmer days!). A short 10 minute prep time is all you need to get this tasty, comforting sweet potato soup into action! We love this one pot wonder made in our pressure cooker. Grab our famous Micro Pressure Cooker and enjoy all the simple, effortless soups, stews, tagines and more than you can cook up! Each purchase of the Micro Pressure Cooker containers a recipe book so that you can make the most out of your new kitchen bestie. Bon appetite!
- 800g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 800mL vegetable stock
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp ground cumin (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- To serve
- Crumbed feta
- Olive oil
- Fresh parsley or coriander
- Place all ingredients into Micro Pressure Cooker.
- Securely cover and lock the Cooker, microwave at 900 watts for 30 minutes. Remove from microwave and leave Micro Pressure Cooker to rest until the Pressure Indicator drops.
- Unlock and remove Cooker cover.
- Mash sweet potato using KP Tools Masher. Alternatively, place the triple blade attachment in the Extra Chef™, add ¼ of the soup mixture at a time; lock cover into position and pull the cord several times until soup is smooth.
- Garnish with crumbled feta, a drizzle of oil and fresh herbs. Serve with warm crusty bread.
TupperTip: Sweet potato can be substituted with pumpkin. Add two sage leaves during cooking for a pumpkin & sage soup.