SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min. COOKING TIME 20 min.
- 400 g (2 cups) sushi or short grain rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Kewpie mayonnaise, to serve
- 50 g cucumber, very thinly sliced
- Smoked salmon, sliced avocado, crumbled nori sheet and sesame seeds, to serve
- Soy sauce and wasabi, to serve (optional)
- Rinse the rice in a Double Colander. Place into Micro Rice Cooker Large with the water. Click on cover and cook in microwave on high/100%/900 watts for 18-20 minutes, or until sticky. Stand for 5 minutes.
- In a Mixing Bowl, mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt until sugar has dissolved. Mix in the rice to coat with TupperChef® Medium Spatula.
- Place the TupperChef® Princess Form into a FreezerKeeper Large Low 2.25L. Spoon rice into form then cover and place in freezer for 5-10 minutes to firm.
- Gently remove from the form onto a plate. Drizzle mayonnaise onto rice, top with cucumber, salmon, avocado, nori and sesame seeds. Cut with a sharp knife to serve with soy and optional wasabi.