Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Standing Time: 5 minutes
Serves: 16 people
- 5 eggs (separated)
- 25 g sugar (for egg yolks) ( 2 1/2 tbsp)
- 150 g all-purpose flour ( 1cup)
- 25 g milk powder (2 1/2 tbsp)
- 45 ml vegetable oil (3 tbsp)
- 30 ml water (2 tbsp)
- 45 g sugar (for egg whites) (1/4 cup)
- 30 ml vegetable oil (for heating pan) (2 tbsp)
- 5 ml black sesame seeds (1tsp)
1. Separate the yolks from the whites using the Cooks Maid egg
separator. Place the yolks in a medium bowl. Set aside whites in
the base of the Speedy Chef / Whip 'N Prep.
2. Add sugar to the yolks. Using the Silicone Spatula , stir until the
texture becomes creamy.
3. Add in flour, milk powder, vegetable oil and water. Stir until fully
combined. Set aside.
4. Next, in the base of the Speedy Chef / Whip ‘N Prep, add
sugar to the egg whites. Cover and whip until soft peaks form.
5. Gently fold half of the whipped egg whites into the cake batter
using the Silicone Spatula, then repeat with the remaining half
until fully combined.
6. Preheat the Chef Series II 5.8L / 6 Qt. Casserole with oil for
1 min. on high heat. When ready to pour cake batter into pan,
reduce the stovetop heat to low.
7. Pour cake batter into oiled Casserole then sprinkle with black
sesame seeds. Cover and bake for 25 min.
8. Remove from heat. Allow to rest for 5 min before removing cover.
9. Serve warm.