PREPARATION TIME: 5 min
COOKING TIME: 16 min
STANDING TIME: 2 min
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
If you want something extra fancy for breakfast, try this easy recipe of spanish baked eggs. Eggs are jam packed with protein and are a perfect way to kickstart your day, why not include spanish eggs baked with chorizo to help top it off. This meal for two includes tomatoes and garlic giving the baked spanish eggs lots of flavour and leaves the room smelling delicious. These Spanish baked eggs contain plenty of protein and nutrients to help you get through your busy day ahead. You definitely won't want to have normal eggs after trying our delicious Spanish baked eggs breakfast recipe. Finish this meal off with tea or coffee, sit back and enjoy.
- 1/2 dried chorizo sausage, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1-2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 eggs
Optional extras: chopped chives or parsley, toast to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook chorizo in Chef Series II 20cm Fry Pan for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic, and paprika, stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, simmer for 3-4 minutes until thick. Season with vinegar, salt and pepper. Make three wells in the tomato mixture and crack in eggs.
- Bake eggs for 8 minutes, or until just firm and cooked to your liking. Serve with chopped herbs and toast.