Try our recipe for a delicious Spaghetti Bolognese that’s as authentic as it is easy.
SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min.
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 600g pork, beef or lamb pieces
- 150g pancetta (optional)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 700ml passata
- Salt and pepper
- 400g dried spaghetti
- Dice the onion and the meat into medium pieces.
- Fit the Fusion Master Mincer with the fine disc and mince the meat (including pancetta).
- Pour oil into the Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 3.8L Casserole and place over a medium heat. Add onion, garlic and meat mince, cook for 2-3 minutes until meat has browned.
- Add herbs, tomato paste and passata. Bring sauce to the boil, reduce heat to low, cover with the valve set to open. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until sauce has reduced. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place spaghetti into the Microwave Pasta Cooker, add water to line 4 and microwave on high for 15 minutes. Allow to rest for 4 minutes, drain and stir through 1 ladle full of the sauce.
- Serve pasta with bolognese sauce, top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- For a vegetarian option substitute with vegetarian mince found in the freezer section of your supermarket, 800g of tinned lentils or 1kg of sliced button mushrooms.
- Stirring through a ladle of sauce allows the pasta to loosen and avoids pasta from sticking together.