SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 40 min.
COOKING TIME 40 min.
Have you ever wished to eat authentic Italian pasta in Italy? Well pasta la vista, baby because we have the best spaghetti and meatballs recipe for just that. Unfortunately it won't be in Italy, but in the comfort of your own home. To cook these delicious beef, pork and veal balls, our Pure Cookware 2.8L Sauteuse will work wonders for achieving perfect golden brown spaghetti meatballs. This four person spaghetti meatballs recipe is great for a healthy fulfilling dinner when you’ve had a long busy day. The delicious smell of sugo will have even your neighbours knocking on your door for a taste. You’ll be labelled as the best spaghetti and meatballs chief of all time after your guests try it. Add your desired herbs and spices into this recipe for spaghetti meatballs, the pastabilities are endless, so come and speghet it.
- 750g minced meat (mixture beef, pork & veal)
- 1 ½ tbs parsley, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper
- ¼-½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 ½ cups breadcrumbs*
- 1 extra large egg (or 2 small eggs)
- 1 ½ cups water or chicken stock
- ¾ cup finely grated cheese (parmesan and pecorino mixture)
- Light olive oil, for frying
FOR THE SUGO:
- 1 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 700ml basil passata
- 400g finely diced tinned tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all meatball ingredients together and roll into golf ball sized balls.
- Heat oil in Pure Cookware 2.8L Sauteuse over a medium heat; add meatballs in batches, cooking for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Remove meatballs and place onto paper towel to remove excess oil. Set aside. Drain excess oil from cookware and discard.
- To make sugo, add onion and garlic into Sauteuse. Once translucent add all remaining ingredients. Place on Cover set to Steam Release. Allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Place meatballs into sauce and allow to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti