Enjoy a vegetarian roast with Middle Eastern spices, using seasonal eggplant, balanced with citrus and cooling yoghurt dressing.
SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 35 min.
- 3 (750g) small-medium eggplants, cut in half
- 80mL olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1-2 (10g_ garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sumac, plus extra to sprinkle
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place eggplant halves skin down on to inverted UltraPro™ 5.7L Rectangle Cover. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Using a Garlic Wonder™, crush garlic cloves onto eggplants.
- Sprinkle over spices. Pour over the lemon juice and scatter lemon zest.
- Place in the oven for 35 minutes or until softened and golden.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt, fresh coriander and a sprinkle of sumac.
• Eggplants can be substituted with zucchini.
• Use pomegranate seeds to garnish for the wow factor!