We understand making poached eggs at home can seem daunting. Especially if you are looking for the perfect bouncy and runny yolk consistency. Look no further, try this easy eggs benedict recipe at home with a mouthwatering sauce that will leave you satisfied after breakfast (or anytime of the day)
PREPARATION TIME: 5 min.
COOKING TIME: 2 minutes
STANDING TIME: 1-2 min.
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Easy
- 2 eggs
- buttered toasted muffins and sliced avocado, to serve
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 125g butter, melted, cooled very slightly, but warm
- cooked bacon or spinach
- Pour 1 cup water into a Micro Omelette Maker. Crack an egg at a time into a ¼ measuring cup and slide into the water at each end.
- Place cover on top and cook in microwave on high/100%/900 watts for 2 ½ minutes, or until set and cooked to your liking. Stand.
- For the sauce: Add the yolks, lemon juice and some salt and pepper into an EZ Shaker. Place cover on and shake to combine. Open spout and gradually add butter, shaking well after each addition until the sauce has thickened. If it happens to get too thick you can add a little warm water.
- Drain water gently from eggs and serve on buttered muffins with avocado. Pour over sauce.