SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
- 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 600 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into large chunks
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 400 g can coconut milk
- 250 g sweet potato, cut into large cubes
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (salt and sugar free)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- Chopped coriander, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
Heat 2 tbs of oil in Casserole Dish until hot and brown eggplant. Remove to a bowl. Add remaining oil and brown chicken and onion. Stir in curry paste for 1 minute.
Add coconut milk, sweet potato and eggplant, simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes until chicken is tender. Stir in peanut butter, spinach, a good pinch of salt and a little sugar to balance flavours. Scatter over coriander and squeeze over lime.
While the curry is cooking, place rice in base of Grain Cooker with 2½ cups water. Microwave at 900 watts for 15 minutes. Remove and fluff rice. Cover and finish.
Add some sliced red chillies for garnish if you like more heat. For a vegan option, substitute firm tofu for the chicken and you can substitute almond butter for the peanut butter.