SERVES 10 Persons PREPARATION TIME 20 min.
COOKING TIME 105 min.
- 6 egg whites,
- at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 ½ tsp white vinegar
VANILLA MASCARPONE CREAM
- 500g mascarpone
- 1.2L thickened cream
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 125g raspberries
- 2 tbs icing sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 125g butter
- 1 lemon, juice and rind
- 170g tin passionfruit pulp
TO SERVE: Fresh berries, 2 tbs grated chocolate or fairy floss
1. Preheat oven to 120°C.
2. Place 3 egg whites in the Speedy Chef and whisk together until stiff peaks have formed. Gradually add ¾ cup of sugar, whipping in between.
3. Add 1 tsp cornflour and whisk into the egg whites.
4. Add half the vinegar through the top funnel and whip until stiff and glossy. Spread onto a lined baking tray and shape.
5. Repeat steps above with remaining pavlova ingredients. Bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Turn oven off, leaving to cool completely (at least one hour) before opening the oven door.
6. Meanwhile, in a microwave safe jug, combine passionfruit curd ingredients. Microwave at 600 watts for 5 minutes, whisking after each minute.
7. In a clean Speedy Chef whip half the mascarpone, thickened cream and vanilla until stiff and thick. Transfer to a bowl and repeat with remaining ingredients. Mash raspberries and sugar and swirl through the cream mixture.
8. To serve, sandwich pavlovas with half the cream, berries and passionfruit curd in-between. Top with remaining ingredients and cream and curd. Finish with fresh berries and grated chocolate.