SERVES 4 Persons
PREPARATION TIME 5 min
COOKING TIME 20 min
Learn how to make passata with this recipe! What is passata? Passata is a tomato based sauce that is the perfect ingredient to pasta's, lasagna, stews and more! This homemade tomato passata recipe is so light, fresh and tasty. We like to add a touch of chilli for a little kick!
- 1kg ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli (optional)
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbs (60g) tomato paste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Place all ingredients except basil into Micro Pressure Cooker, mix until well combined.
- Securely Cover and lock the Cooker, microwave at 900 watts for 20 minutes. Leave Micro Pressure Cooker to rest in the microwave until the pressure indicator drops.
- Unlock and remove Cover, allowing passata to cool. Transfer passata to a blender, add basil (if using) and blitz until smooth.
- Spoon passata into sterilized jars and close tightly. Keep the jars in a dark cupboard and consume within six months.
- Alternatively, allow mixture to cool and transfer into Freezer safe containers and store in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- Use passata as a base for your next pasta sauce! Simply simmer down the sauce with onion and your minced meat of choice for a quick and easy meal!