PREPARATION TIME: 15 min.
COOKING TIME : 1h 40 min.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL : Easy
INGREDIENTS (6 PEOPLE)
- 45 ml olive oil (±3 tbsp)
- 6 pieces osso buco (veal shank slice of 2.5-4 cm / 1-1.5 in. thick, each approx. 300 g / 10.5 oz)
- 3 carrots (±300 g / 10.5 oz) (peeled and diced)
- 1 large onion (peeled and diced)
- 800 g canned finely chopped tomato / tomato pulp (±28 oz)
- 1 orange (zested and juiced)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional : 3 garlic cloves (peeled and minced), 1 bay leaf, 2 sprigs of thyme, 100 ml white wine (±½ cup)
- For Serving (optional)
- Pasta of your choice
Preheat the Tupperware Cast Iron Collection Cocotte with oil on medium-high heat for 2 min., then sear three pieces of osso buco on both sides until golden brown. Set three pieces aside and sear remaining three pieces.
Place all osso buco pieces back in the Cocotte. Add diced carrots and onion, then all remaining ingredients (including optional ones).
Bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 1h 30 min.
Transfer pieces of osso buco into a serving dish and check seasoning of sauce (add salt or pepper if needed)*. Pour sauce on meat and serve with pasta.
*Tip: If sauce is a bit sour, add 2 ml sugar (±½ tsp).