SERVES 5 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
COOKING TIME 17 min.
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 220g sundried tomato strips
- 400g tinned diced tomatoes
- 800g tinned lentils
- 400g spaghetti
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 5 cups water
- Fresh basil or parsley
- Use Mando Junior to slice onion thinly.
- Place Chef Series™ Pure Cookware 5.9L Casserole over a medium heat and cook oil, onion and garlic until fragrant. Add in sundried tomatoes and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and pour over 5 cups of water. Increase heat to high and bring to the boil. Reduce temperature to medium-low, and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve pasta with finely grated parmesan and additional fresh basil or parsley as desired.
- Vegetables can be added to this recipe. Simply slice using the Mando Junior.
- Any greens leftover in your fridge may also be used in this recipe to reduce waste.