MAKES 15 pieces PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min. STANDING TIME 10 min.
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp caster or white sugar
- 1/4 cup olive or coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 180◦C (160◦C fan). Place oats into an Extra Chef fitted with triple blade attachment. Lock in cover and pull cord several times until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients, lock in cord and blend until mixture comes together and is pasty. Carefully remove the blade. Stand for 10 minutes to allow oats to absorb the liquid.
- Place a TupperChef™ Large Rectangle Form onto a baking tray. Press mixture into the form, flattening out to the edges in an even thickness. Score with a knife into five rows x three to make 15 crackers, or smaller if you prefer.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove and stand for 10-15 minutes. Gently separate and cool completely on a wire rack. Store in Modular Mates® container or a Clarity Canister.
or Chickpea Crackers:
- 1 cup rolled oats- finely ground in Extra Chef
- 400g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water or lemon juice
- Follow recipe above and bake for 1 hour until firm.