Prep time: 5 minutes
Standing time: 11 minutes
Serves: 3 people
Go bananas for a beautiful dessert dressed in yellow! Grilled Bananas are a super choice for an after-dinner treat, especially during barbecue season to balance out the flavor of spicy, salty or seasoned food. Only using a few ingredients and a few minutes of your time, this excellent and truly easy sweet dish is loved by kids as well as big kids. Don’t be a banana head – top with everything you desire! We’re already daydreaming of a drizzle of salted caramel, cinnamon, creamy white chocolate, crushed walnuts, marshmallows, maybe some dulce de leche…
- 3 small bananas (leave peel on)
- 90 g dark or milk chocolate (broken into 5 cm pieces)
- 40 g sweetened coconut flakes or desired topping
- Ice cream (optional)
- Lay the bananas sideways and carefully slice through the skin horizontally without cutting all the way through.
- Stuff each banana with 30 g or 3 pieces of chocolate.
- Add the stuffed bananas into the base of the MicroPro Grill, place the cover in high position and microwave for 6 min. at 900 watts.
- Remove grilled bananas and top with coconut flakes or desired toppings.
Pro Tip: Don’t judge a banana by its cover! You may be tempted to deposit those brown ones, but they have wonderful uses too. Whether classic Banana Bread, Ice Cream Sandwiches or Frozen Waffles, overripe bananas are real assets. And what about the peels? Pop in into the Cold Brew Carafe filled with water and – hey presto! – you’ll have yourself plant fertilizer.