SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 15 min. COOKING TIME 35 min.
STANDING TIME 10 min.
- 200 g (1 ¼ cups) plain four
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110 g cold butter, cut into small dice
- 3 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice cold water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 150 g mushrooms (button or Portabella or mixed)
- 30 g butter
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 heaped tsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup thick cream
- Remove rack from oven and preheat to 180°C without the fan. Place TupperChef® Princess Form in the centre of the rack.
- In a Mixing Bowl combine the flour, salt and butter and rub in until crumbly. Add vinegar and water and mix into a dough. Divide into two portions and roll out discs slightly larger than the form.
- Place one of the portions into the form easing up the sides and lightly prick with a fork. Refrigerate remaining pastry.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place the garlic, shallot and mushrooms in an ExtraChef® fitted with triple blade attachment, cover and pull cord until finely chopped.
- Place mixture with butter into MicroCook Pitcher. Cover and cook in microwave on high/100%power/900 watts for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, salt and pepper and cook a further 1 minute, 20 seconds.
- With oven gloves, gently remove oven rack from oven. Place filling into form. Cover with remaining pastry, pressing seams together. Cut some small vent holes in the top. Bake for 20 minutes until golden. Stand for 10 minutes before gently unmoulding.