SERVES 4 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 30 min. STANDING TIME 15 min.
Homemade Spice Mix
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- Olive oil
- 2 trimmed lamb shanks (750-1kg total)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ red capsicum, chopped
- 700 g plain tomato passata
- Coriander leaves, cooked couscous or flatbread, to serve
- Heat oil in Chef Series® II Casserole Dish until hot. Season shanks with salt and pepper and brown on all sides.
- Meanwhile, place onion, carrot, garlic, capsicum, spice mix and passata into a Micro Pressure Cooker. Place lamb shanks on top, arranging bones away from sides of pressure cooker. Lock in cover and cook in microwave on
- Remove and allow pressure indicator to drop and unlock cover. Shred meat from shanks. Discard bones. Serve with coriander and couscous or flatbread.