SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 5 min.
- 1kg carrots, peeled
- ½ red onion, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, roasted
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbs (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbs (60ml) orange juice
- 2 tbs (40ml) olive oil
- 1 tbs (20ml) honey (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Place the carrots and onions in an SuperSonic fitted with triple blade attachment. Lock in cover and pull cord until mixture is finely chopped.
- Pour Extra Chef contents into a large mixing bowl using the Tupperchef Spatula.
- Add in currents, chickpeas, coriander, mint and slivered almonds. Stir with your spatula to combine.
- Rinse the SuperSonic and pop in the Paddle Whisk attachment. Place all dressing ingredients in, pop on the cover and pull the chord until combined.
- Pour over dressing just before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
- If preferred, gently sauté carrot and onion in a frypan until softened with the spices before adding remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.
- This salad is delicious on its own or paired with falafels or cooked chicken breasts.