SERVES 6 Persons PREPARATION TIME 20 min.
- 1kg carrots, peeled
- ½ red onion, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/3 cup currants or raisins
- 400g tinned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ bunch coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbs fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, roasted
FOR THE DRESSING
- 3 tbs (60ml) lemon juice
- 3 tbs (60ml) orange juice
- 2 tbs (40ml) olive oil
- 1 tbs (20ml) honey (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- Fit the Fusion Master Grater with the Coarse Cone and coarsely grate the carrots. Place into a bowl and set aside.
- Fit the Fusion Master Grater with the Slicer Cone and slice the red onion. Place into the bowl with the carrot.
- Add in currents, chickpeas, coriander, mint and slivered almonds. Toss to combine.
- Place all dressing ingredients into the 600ml Quick Shake, place on the cover and shake to combine. Pour over dressing just before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
- If preferred, gently sauté carrot and onion in a frypan until softened with the spices before adding remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.