Add a few ingredients to your Basic Cake Mix for a gorgeous Marble Cake with chocolate icing.
Sure to be a crowd pleaser.
SERVES 8 Persons PREPARATION TIME 10 min.
COOKING TIME 20 min.
- 3 cups Modular Mates Basic Cake Mix
- 150ml milk, plus extra 2 tbs milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 190g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the TupperChef™ Loaf Form on an oven tray and set aside.
- Place the Basic Cake Mix into a Yellow 3L Mixing Bowl. Add 150ml milk, eggs and vanilla, thoroughly combing together using the TupperChef Spatula large.
- Add the butter and, using electric beaters, beat mixture on high for 2 minutes.
- Transfer half of the mixture into a second bowl. Add cocoa powder and extra milk. Beat for 1 minute or until combined.
- Transfer mixtures 1 spatula at a time into the TupperChef Loaf Form. Using the end of a KP Tool, swirl the mixture around to create a marble effect. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden.
- Allow cake to cool completely before un-moulding cake.
- To make the icing, combine ingredients together in the Pink 1.5L Mixing Bowl.
- Spread over cooled cake and serve.
- For gluten-free Basic Cake Mix, simply substitute the self-raising flour with gluten free self-raising flour. This can be found in the health food aisle of your local supermarket.
- If wanting to separate into individual cake servings place 4 cups per Modular Mates Oval #2.
- Shake Modular Mate Cake Mix in sealed Modular before scooping out your required cake mix.
- For an icing alternative for the Butter Cake, try gently spreading the top with raspberry jam and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- For a runnier icing, try adding in 1-2tbs of milk.